Summer: great is Thy faithfulness Lord unto me.


You didn't grow up on a farm or aren't a farmer if you haven't passionately slapped the back of your neck or arm.... Thinking you are slapping a bug... Only to find that is is sweat running everywhere. Don't try to change my mind on this. I firmly believe it. Haven't done it, you aren't a farmer. 💪
The past few days have been scorchers, after a slightly cooler than usual summer. Hello July!

Like most people did, we quite literally said good bye to June and welcomed July with a bang. 🎆
And our garden has finally started producing crops we could harvest and enjoy. (Not that we didn't enjoy lettuce.... But we would have starved if we had been relying on our garden for all our food. 😕😂) Also I'm finally getting excited about the garden.

I really haven't been excited about it up until the past week or two. I have a few the theories as to why such as my ankle injury making me crabby, but I think it mostly boiled down to not having my priorities straight. (It is funny to me that I seem to have this problem every year. I make my goals and fight everything in my way to try to achieve them. But then about July God to finally slaps me and goes, "girl you have been striving for the wrong thing." Which then I sort of set my priorities in order till January... When I start all over again. 😳 Human nature can be so annoying. 😂)

Anyway I'm finally happy about it and can be found running all over the garden with a watering can, sweating to death, and singing at the top of my lungs....

(Though please if you happen to come across me doing this... Please make your presence known quickly.. It'll save the whole world some embarrassment. 😋😉)

The garden is my little sanctuary. (Actually the whole farm is, but right now I'm only tending to the garden.)

That's my little place to talk to God, dream up my next wild projects or writing (some of this post I thought up while watering my baby dill this morning. 😁), and ponder life and create a vision. (Cause you know it is totally normal for most 17/18 year olds to be thinking about what legacy they are going to leave behind... I know I'm a weirdo. Deal with it. 😋)

(Oh also who needs a tanning salon or gym if you have a garden?? Seriously. 💪🌞)
It is satisfying work, even with the blood, sweat, and tears.

And if you have suffered through my rambling to this point and not skipped over to the pictures.... I thank you. 😊❤

You are now rewarded with lots and lots of pictures.

Have a beautiful day and a blessed week!!

~Ms. H
 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
24 The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.



Chicory.. A herb and wild flower. And my favorite color. 😍
















 People who bring you drinks while you're working in the heat are wonderful people. People who bring you ice cold homemade slushies while you're wokring in the heat... They are angels. (a.k.a. mama. ❤😘)
 Chicken whisperer. Cowboy.  My "little" Bo.
 I named him/her "Hopper". 😋😁

 Hopper is looking at you
 This is Larry.. And you will o ly get that if you were a Veggie Tales kid. I wear that badge proudly no matter how cringy.

 St. John's Wort. (Also and herbal flower.)
     













Comments

Popular Posts