Valentines day ramblings

Well look at that I put myself on the blog!
Granted a very "hide my face" picture.😉

Well... I'm looking at the calender and seeing that it is the fateful 14th! 😭
Just kidding!😂  I love Valentine's day, I like a day to tell my family, and friends I love them (because I do even if I don't tell you....yeah I'm sorry I have that flaw.) And hey ummm what woman doesn't like an excuse to eat waaaay to much chocolate, caramel, and peanut butter (cause you can't eat one without the other unless it's dark dark chocolate. 😍😍 *okay enough junk food obsessing*)

Anyways, here's a big 'ole:
I LOVE YOU!
Yes I used blue sharpies because blue is superior to red..
 Or just my fav color. 😜

And some random ponderings regarding that crazy little four letter word. (I don't recommend contemplateing words too, too hard otherwise you will start to doubt their existence , their meaning , and their spelling, trust me as a writer I have done this... Which often leads to questioning your own existence.) <That's all a massive joke by the way. 😁>
Gosh I am easily side tracked... Sorry. 😊
My all time favorite chapter in the Bible is probably 1 Corinthians 13 (okay that is probably a lie, but to choose a favorite chapter I feel like a traitor!!)
The first 3 verses are convicting in the sense that our actions without love, are pretty meaningless. And love is hard man! Once I realized that love was more than an affectionate feeling, I felt perfectly doomed to a loveless life. But God gave us a guideline and grace for our faults.

Verses 4-8 are tough because, ummm... Well I really over self evaluate. 😐.(If you thought I was flawless, you my poor miserable creature are a very misguided human being. *pats your head sweetly*) [You are victims of my weird sense of humor, because I know that no one who reads this believes I'm perfect... Maybe my sense of humor is twisted and dark.. Idk. I don't care.]

Love suffereth long [as far as I  can tell this means is patient/ perseveres/ is faithful], is kind; envieth not; vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, with not behave unseemly, seekth not her own, is not easily provoked, thinking no evil; rejoicety not in inquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; beareth all things, believeth all things, hope all things, endureth all things, love never faileth.

(I paraphrased that btw, I'll post the true version at the end. ✌)

(Oh dear I'm hopeless..... not really but eesh I think I've broke each thing since I woke up.)
I've found it interesting how the fruit of the spirit (I'm Galations 5) and what love is are very similar. Compare them if you haven't before:
Galatians 5:22-23 KJV

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 & 13 KJV

"Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,  Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;  Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;  Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.  Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away."

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity."
(Ahhh just reading those passages makes me inexplicably happy. 😍)
Just an interesting observation...

In the past few year or two I've been convicted to try to love scripturally and it has lead to contemplating faithfulness and trust. (And a billion other things, the more I learn the more I realize God does not simply just teach us one lesson, but he teaches lessons within the lesson.) I feel that I have learned that without a steadfast trust in God we can not be very faithful. And love is faithful regardless of whether it is a spouse, parent, sibling, or friend.

I think my post has derailed a little......

Anyway hopefully it's a blessing to someone.

Happy Valentine's day! 💕
Love,

~Ms. H 

Comments

Popular Posts