5 books that have influenced my teen years





I really have been struggling to find things to blog about so I got the genius idea to blog about 5 influential books of my teen years.
[Since I only have 2 years left in the teen category... 😮 Wow.]
Oh this is super random but as I'm writing this I'm listening to Lee Brice's song "Love Like Crazy,"... Oh my word, this song is so, so, so, on point and so sweet. 😍 I could listen to it on repeat 500 times. Okay maybe not that many times. Anyways back on track.

1. [this should be obvious]
The Bible. It has carried me through some of the darkest days of my life. [15 was a really rough age.] And continues to carry me through days that are are hard and easy alike.

2. Queen of the Home, By Jennifer McBride.

This one is really good and a pretty big encouragement in a day where feminism is the norm and biblical womanhood is on the chopping block. I got this as a Christmas gift from daddy and mama when I was 12 and it has been apart of watering a seed that God planted in my heart at a young age.

3. Passion and Purity, By Elizabeth Elliot.*

Gahhhh.... This book is like a best friend. I think I'm going to wear out my moms copy. I have read it, and read it, and read it. There is so much wisdom to be found in its pages and I have found that, said wisdom can be applied to more than just a "relationship."

4. Swipe Right, By Levi Lusko.*

When mama bought this book for BJ and I to read we were a little mortified. [By the sub title] Lol. We were like we are not reading that book, but we had to for school and it is SOOO good. I think I am going to wear it out too. In some ways it's like Passion and Purity minus the personal nature of Jim and Elisabeth's story in P&P.

Highly recommend it, it really has wisdom than can be applied in just everyday normal life. 

5. Stepping Heavenward, by Elizabeth Prentiss. (Fiction)

This is a more recent read but oh my goodness. I think I will find myself re-reading it again and again.

So those are my 5 favorites. There are others I'm sure but I'm to tired to think about the others. [It's 22:48 (yes I put it in military time because then I feel less guilty about how late it is... Essentially I'm in denial. 😝 and it's fun to mess with your heads. 😜😂 just kidding.) 😁]
*these books are written to guys and gals.
Okay go look up those books and that song.

Lord be with you, keep you, and give you peace. [Yeah I just paraphrased, go look up Numbers 6:24-26] hehe I'm giving you homework.

~Ms. H
P.s. if this is super snarky or weird or whatever it's late so I'm not thinking totally clearly. Sorry. ❤


Comments

Popular Posts