Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!

Thankfulness


I try to express thankfulness often. I may not speak it with my mouth, but I often daily pour it out with my heart. God sees it and knows it, but I need to get better at speaking it. Why not now the day before Thanksgiving? Curled up in my grandparents home, smells, and sounds that bring bittersweet flash backs from my younger days, and the smells and sounds that are creating memories as I sit.

I honestly don’t know where to start, thankfulness seems like an intimate thing, you and God, you or a person, you and a blessing that few know about. It’s letting a person, people, or the world into your heart. 


      I’m thankful for brokenness, I know that seems like a strange thing to be thankful for but we can’t be bound up if we are not first broken. Brokenness has taught me a new maturity, one that I needed for adulthood. Brokenness taught me a new level of trust in God. In a dark, rocky, and unsure word, trusting in the One who is sure and full of Light is one of the most important things in life. I think this quote from Charles Spurgeon goes well with this thought: “I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against The Rock of Ages.”

      I’m thankful for restoration, joy, and peace. They all go hand in hand, there is joy when something is restored, and in some situations peace, peace that the future will be okay no matter what happens. 

      I’m thankful for the grace I am daily given. Grace was and has been something hard to comprehend, but I’ve slowly found an understanding of it even in the paradox of it, and oh Lord, it is beautiful! Grace that means sinner of sinners has the privilege to be chosen of God to be His daughter. 

      I’m thankful for an abundant wealth in Jesus Christ. It is simple. Look around the country side, look around the room, look, look, look around you! There is an abundance of provision, a wealth of provision. 

(Here’s some fluff) I’m thankful for the new Twenty One Pilots (Trench), Owl City (Cinematic), and Josh Turner (I Serve a Savior) albums. Lets take a knee to honor this great music, lol just kidding!!!!!!!

      I’m thankful for an incredible family, we have befriended. I can’t express how thankful I am. The solitude and loneliness us children (especially) felt for the first 6 or 8 months was hard. But God threw the doors wide open and now we have a family of families who have welcomed us most sweetly and warmly. Y’all know who you are. ;p (Okay this may convince you, the fact that I am crying while typing the above line out.)

      I’m thankful for our TaeKwonDo class, our teachers, and class mates, it has been so wonderful to work up the ranks. It’s so funny because even if you don’t see each other outside the dojo you have crazy high and low moments, and you grow together, and it’s very unique. I love it!

      I’m thankful for the mountain top I live upon. While our farm name in Regenerate Life Acres in my heart this is Shiloh Mountain. (Shiloh means peace if your wondering) 

      I’m thankful for snail mail! Since our move I’ve written so many letters to so many different friends I’ve lost count. It always lightens even the hardest days when I find letters waiting in the mail box! Snail mail also has been wonderful in enjoying new friendships, a family started going to our church shortly after we moved, which was sad because the one time we met them we really enjoyed them. So friendships have blossomed through letters, and it has been a blessing!

      I’m thankful for instruments! (My family probably loathes them by now since I don’t play very well but whatever) Stress, melts with every strike of a piano key(well keyboard) and every stroke of the guitar or ukulele strings. Haha I’ll go from madder than a hornet in July, to calm and bipity bop in a few minutes. 

      I’m thankful for sunshine. Lately it has been so overcast, rainy, and snowy (uh-hu, snowy!!) That the sunny days are meant to be spent outdoors! “Only miss the sun when it starts to snow,...” ~Passenger, Let Her Go. (Yes go ahead and roll your eyes.) 

      I’m thankful for country. The city is okay, but waking up in the morning and seeing a brick house across from you and your view being limited, give me pure anxiety!! (I’m spoiled by being able to see a minimum of 15 miles from the elevation our place is at.)

     I’m thankful for my family, duh.

      I’m thankful for our dogs, they are spoiled rotten, and can be a pure pain in the butt some times but having them (And God of course) watching out for us constantly gives me more peace of mind. Not to mention when we come home from long car trips and they are waiting for us, it just gives us the warm fuzzies. XD 

      I’m thankful for those who will not be spending Thanksgiving with their families, Police, Nurses, Military, Fire, EMS, and others who keep the world going round.

Thank you.

       I’m thankful for so much but this is going to run long and I don’t want to spend to much time editing and working on publishing, so I can chill with my family.

Have a beautiful Thanksgiving, may it be very richly blessed!

~Ms. H
 2 Corinthians 9:15 (KJV)
 Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
 Here's some pictures for your day:




Opening day of firearms season. 0 deer. :(


By gone summer, come back I miss you!!


Just fishin'

My mama's dad gave me this

<3 <3 <3

our pasture with some neighbors cows.
 

Comments

Popular Posts