Scar Salve tutorial

I'm at the library enjoying some wifi and blasting some LANCO in my ear buds but I remembered I had some blogposts I wanted to do. So here ya go.

Scar Salve

Part 1: Scar Salve Oil

2 oz. Jojoba Oil
2 oz. Castor Oil
2 oz. Coconut Oil

¼ packed cup, of dried Calendula flowers/ petals
¼ cup dried Comfrey leaves

Mix all your oils and heat gently stirring till oil is all combined.

{You can see all the layers of the oil before mixing.}

Pour your herbs into an 8 oz. Mason jar. Pour your oils over the herbs.
Cover with a lid and let the oil and herbs steep in a cool dark place for 3 weeks, shaking gently daily.

Part 2:

3 oz. STRAINED Scar Salve oil
2 oz. Shea Butter
1 oz. Bees Wax
40 drops Frankincense Oil
20 drops Helichrysum Oil (Or 10 of each Rosemary and Tea Tree) {I used this because I didn’t have any Helichrysum EO and didn’t know where to purchase it}
20 drops Lavender Oil
Optional: ¼ oz. Vitamin E Oil


Heat your oil and melt your Butter, and Bees wax together.
Add Essential Oils and stir well. Pour into a 4 oz. tin, and a 2 oz, (or 2 one ounce tins for travel convenience)
Let sit until cooled. Use a little bit twice a day, just enough to make your skin feel soft, and not greasy.


Does it work? I went through this 6oz. of salve in two months. I really feel like it is making a difference. The scars on my arms seem smaller and look more like freckles than scars from a distance. and some of my larger scars look broken up and a little lighter in color. I am preparing to make my second batch tomorrow with more pure ingredients. (My first batch contained pre-diluted frankincense instead of pure which is the one you want , the pure kind that is) 



oil


beeswax


shea butter


everything melting together




cooling


done


 so that's that ! I've been MIA because of lack of internet.. actually you should try it, sometimes it's really nice not being plugged in all the time. Go out in the woods, or the pasture, or the front yard, pray, sing, work, feel the glorious breeze and look across the mountains. try it you might like it.
Blessings!
~Hannah

Comments

Popular Posts