Ozark Country

Ozark Country

The story began in August of 2016 and now is slowly drawing to a close. It’s strange, I laughed over it the other day. What will we do now that we don’t have houses to look at, realtor meetings to go to, and tiny houses to be crammed in or share. Well we’ll get on with life, will start building up Regenerate Life Acres again.
For those who haven’t heard our good news; we finally after 10 (amazingly long) weeks of un-surity up downs and many stressful road blocks we have finally closed on our new 20 acre farm.
Let me repeat that, we have FINALLY CLOSED ON OUR NEW 20 ACRE FARM!!!!
Get the point? :D
I don’t know how to tell the story. It was all so crazy but through it all (even in the moments of intense stress) there was peace. An unexplained peace. Well it’s explainable since Philippians 4: 6-7 tells us
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
I can only conclude that it was the peace of God.
Because of several legal things that were “messed up” I will leave out details of everything that happened because the people we have bought the house from are very nice people and I don’t want to give you the wrong idea about them. I will just tell you the miracle.
Our loan lock was set to expire on February 19th, 2018.
As the final week came into view and started things got tense. Every time daddy or mama got a text message or phone call I would startle and get all tense. All week nothing. On Thursday February 16th, 2018 we still had not set a closing date, and if an agreement hadn’t been met by 5 pm on the contract was going to be terminated and the sale killed. Nothing. So we raced home after the boys Martial Arts class and my parents signed the termination. We all went to bed a bit heavy-hearted and wondering were we would be living in 2 weeks. You see, the house we are renting was for sale and it was sold and we needed to move out by the 27th of February. And we had no home to go to, we had several offers to stay with people so we had somewhere to go, but just not a home. Next morning we all woke up a bit discouraged, daddy went to work, and mama set to trying to find a rental that would allow us to pay month to month. Around 9:30 (am) I was in the bedroom doing my exercises and LJ burst in breathing hard and talking so fast I thought the house was on fire. (not really but he was wild.) After I proceeded to calm him down he told me that we were they people had agreed to go ahead and sell the house even though their loan hadn’t been approved yet. I was preparing to do push-ups when he told me this, And I collapsed and started crying and laughing at the same time. I was still in my PJ’s so I got up to change and I was shaking so hard I could barely button my shirt. The clash of ecstatic disbelieving joy, and slight twinge of fear was insane. I brush my hair out and did my makeup trembling like a leaf and still managed to pull off a very put together appearance. (Though maybe I don’t advise the makeup part, I only mascara but that runs if you cry and I was between hysteric laughter and crying all day.)
Because of the last minuteness of the closing mama decided that us kids would stay home while her and daddy went to the bank. (Daddy was at work when we got the news so he had to leave and come home, and leave right away for the bank.) Everything went off without a problem, and we now own a real farm with 10 times the acreage we previously owned, and the view is magnificent to boot.
I am no planning on what chicks I want to order from the hatchery in a few months, and planning was garden stuff we need, etc…
I’m excited and fearful, we have been without consistent internet for 3 or 4 months, and that though it has had draw backs, has been nice, like really nice. We also have been living with minimal clothing, and just “things” in general which has been really nice to. But that’s all gonna change in a week. We’ll have all our junk (and non- junk- very -important -things) out of storage, and we have to unpack it and find space for it, and also we have to go back to my home town and “collect” all our farming equipment from our deacon’s machine shop. That’ll be a trip, it’ll all be a trip but I know we’ll make it. We’ve made it thus far.
A friend of mine quoted her pastor to me once.
“God has come with in 5 minutes of failing me, but he never has.”

God has shown this to me and my family continually through out this journey to Ozark Country.

Lord Bless your day!
~Ms. H

Comments

Popular Posts