First Winter, first snow (With a dose of homesickness....)

(Written December 23rd, 2017)
In the night last night I was woken by the sound of hundreds of tiny pellets of ice hitting my window.
Sleet.
I crawled out of bed (I have no idea what time it was) and crept to the window. Sure enough there was ice on the deck. I went back to bed and said a prayer that all would be well in the morning.
Now around 5:30 a.m. I woke again, the sound of ice beating my window had stopped. I assumed the storm had stopped and gone by and that we were stuck with ice till morning, when it would warm up enough to melt it.
I looked out the window and was met with snow a large flake dusting on the deck and ground, tiny flakes were still falling.
Our first snow in our first winter in our new town.
This snow was lacking some excitement for one we didn’t know if it was predicted, two there was barely any and it would all likely melt by mid-morning, and three we didn’t have our good ole neighbors from back home out on their kabotas and mules {fancy ATV’s that farmers use} plowing drive ways. We also didn’t have the mining mountain to go sled on out back.
(The post is homesick. We got a sweet Christmas card last night from our neighbor back home made me a little teary.)

Anyways we got snow!! I couldn’t stop staring out the window waiting till it was light enough to take pictures.


~Ms. H 

Comments

Popular Posts