Sacrifice


Note: I know it's been a long time since I posted a Short Story, and I apologize. I've had a hard time writing anything  since the move but tonight I finally finished this up. It's probably not the best one I've written but I've been lacking inspiration and motivation. Enjoy!

Sacrifice
I peeped out the window oh my bedroom the morning light was streaming in a thin blanket of fog covered the hills beyond Mercy House property.
It was a beautiful morning. I inwardly laughed at the strangeness of it. Today I was going to have to help find parents for Jesse, and Ruth.
I looked back over at Ruth’s bed, she was still sleeping. I grabbed a bundle of clothes and slipped out of the room toward the bathroom to dress. When I returned Ruth was awake and had my Bible open on her lap. I smiled.
“Sharon can you read me the story were Jesus walked on water?”
I took the Bible from her and sat down to read. After we had read together Ruth got dressed and I packed the few things she had acquired while living with me.
A few tears slipped away as I packed.
Leilani stirred in her bassinet next to Ruth’s bed. There was no home available at the moment for the baby so she had been sent to me. I went and picked her up and picking up Ruth’s suitcase lead the way to Meeting Hall.
Nickolia had found a home for Ruth and Jesse, and the Elders were going to decide if they were to go. I knew they would go, Nickolia had been very careful in finding the family.
I took a deep breathe as we approached the Hall, Ruth trembled a little bit.
“It will be okay.” I told her. We both new the family. Ruth was friends with one of the little girls there. The big adjustment would be for Jesse.
David and Salome Merrmack were Nickolia’s family of choice. Out side the doors I stood a moment. I would not have time for goodbyes after the counsel approved.
“Goodbye Ruth.” I said setting her trunk down. “I will see you again, I promise.” I knelt down and hugged her. She looked at me with big blue eyes.
“I love you Sharon.” She whispered. She kissed me then stepped back straightening her dress and standing taller.
I opened the council door, and stepped in. The council all rose from there seats. Nickolia had been waiting with Jesse inside the door for us. He led us up the isle and to the front bench where the council sat.
“Good Morning Sharon, Nickolia.” Said the Elder of our church.
Nickolia nodded and followed suit.
Ruth sat beside me then Jesse then Nickolia. The Elders sat down. Elder Dophneil spoke to the witnesses.
“Nickolia has chosen the Merrmack Family to provide a home and parents for Jesse and Ruth, As you know it is standard for us to review the family before sending children to become son’s or daughter’s. The Merrmack Family is in no need of review but to keep order, we have reviewed them. Jesse and Ruth shall become their children.” He paused a moment silence filled the air. There were no surprises. I sighed happiness and sadness colliding.
I hugged Ruth. “Love you, enjoy the Mermack’s, my prayers are with you.” I began to rise but Elder Dophneil began to speak again.
“We have placed Ruth, and Jesse, but the baby Leilani needs placement. We have decided Sharon, is to take her.” He sat down. “May God bless you all in you respected positions. This counsel will now dismiss!”
Leilani had been taken to a nursery while I was in counsel. She was now brought in to me. And my new daughter was handed to me. 


Romans 8:15
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.


~Ms. H 

Comments

Post a Comment

Comments make our day, but please think before you comment! Alls comments are moderated before posted!
Thanks :D

Popular Posts