Some of my favorite parts in: "The Count Of Monte Cristo" aka the best classic ever.



[Abbé Faria:] "I regret having helped you in your investigation and said what I did to you," he remarked.
"Why is that?" Dantès asked.

"Because I have insinuated a feeling into your heart that was not previously there: the desire for revenge." 

{Maximilian Morrel to de Villefort}
"You are wrong, Monsieur," Morrel exclaimed, rising on one knee, his heart smitten by a pain sharper than any he had yet felt. "You are wrong. Valentine, having died as she has, needs not only a priest, but an avenger. You send for a priest, Monsieur de Villefort; I shall be her avenger."  

{Mercedes to Edmond (the count) }
"See: misfortune has turned my hair grey and my eyes have shed so many tears that there are dark rings round them; and my forehead is furrowed. But you, Edmond, you are still young, still handsome and still proud. You did have faith, you had strength, you trusted in God, and God sustained you. I was a coward, I denied Him, so God abandoned me; and here I am!" 

{Andre/Benedetto revealing his identity to de Villefort)
"Father, they are asking me for proof," said Benedetto. "Do you want me to provide it?"

"No," M. de Villefort stammered in a strangled voice. "no, there is no need."

"What do you mean, no need?" cried the judge.

"I mean," said the crown prosecutor, "that I should struggle in vain against the fate that holds me in its grasp. Gentlemen, I realize I am in the hands of a vengeful God."







There are more to come!
~Ms. H

Comments

Popular Posts