Capture


I lay on a pallet in a corner of the Kingdom refuge shack. I covered my ears against the sound of Dark Scouts shriek and scraping at the plaster foundation. My heart beat rapidly, my legs wanted to run, and my lips thought to pray. But my paralyzing fear was beating me.
I reached with my right hand for the satchel on the floor. My hand groped for a moment the felt the ruff leather strap. I pulled it up. ItGG seemed lighter than I remember it being on my way here. I reached in and panic seized me. My weapon, my book was gone!
“Always Abijah, always strap your Bible into the inner most secret compartment, thus you will never lose it. Oh Abijah do not ever forget to do this!” The prophets words rang in my ears like a chastising gong.
So this is why we are told to memorize the book.” I thought.
“Call upon the Master!” An inner voice urged. “He would come if you called!”
I frowned in disgust and shame swept over me. He would also want to know why I called Him, why I hadn’t used my weapon and why it wasn’t with me. I couldn’t disappoint the Master on my first mission. Another piercing shriek rang out. My head began to throb, and little black and white dots entered my field of vision I I stared at the ceiling. I had to fight alone and weaponless. Everything went black as I fainted.
I was awakened from unconsciousness by the screams of a Dark Scout.
“Find the girl, find the one they call Abijah!” It said.
I froze, I could hear plaster crumbling in. A long needle like claw poked throw the wall and pierced my skin. The pain felt like an electrical shock it drove me wild. I jumped off the pallet and backed into the door of the shack. Adrenaline pumped threw my veins. “What have I done.” I groaned. More plaster crumbled and a Scouts long spindly clawed hand reached threw the hole. My knees became weak. I steeled myself against the door, and charged my leg ready to kick. More scratching, another hand, then the terror that drug so many to hell appeared. The horrible face of a Dark Scout. The scout looked at me and cackled a chilling laugh. I frowned and notice the trickle of blood on the dirt floor. I looked at my arm a large amount of blood was coming from the small wound. My eyes grew wide and my stomach revolted at the sight.
“Abijah!” Cackled the Scout in a victorious laugh, “Abijah!” He shrieked my name again. A cold iron fear came over me.
“Bragon!” Yelled and even more terrible voice. “You have found the girl?”
The one called Bragon sneered. “Yes My liege, I have found the King’s pathetic servant!”
“Have you way then, do not kill her though! The Evil One want’s her partly alive!” Replied the voice outside.
The hideous creature charged me. A sickening despair filled my whole being. I leaned hard against the door faint from blood loss. I kicked hard at the creature. He fell back and laughed a wretched laugh.
“I will tear you apart!” He yelled, his long snout snapping at the air. I fell to the ground a darkness I had never felt before swallowing me. Fear and pain carried me to a place were I slept in terror. I had been captured.
~La Fin~

Comments

Popular Posts