A Child Victorious


Note: So this is a tidbit of some of the writing I've been up to. This particular story is a short-story. I have a much larger project I'm working on (Picture from last post) based in the 18th century. Maybe once-upon a time I will share with he world. :D 
Have a blessed day ! ~Ms. H
Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
2 Corinthians 7:1

A Child Victorious 
I stood at the door. My breathe was ragged and labored. My heart was beating in my throat, thumping like a race horse. I lifted my hand and knocked. Once- twice- three times. I dropped my fist like a lead weight, and waited. When the door opened a sickening knot formed in my stomach. A middle aged man stood in the door way. After a moment he grinned a strange horrifying grin.
“Nickolia, I was made aware of your journey, welcome in my friend.” As he said friend I detected a snake hiss. My heart froze and my hair stood on end. The words of the prophet came back to me.
“Even the Devil once was a glorious angel. Be careful my boy, the Evil one takes on many forms.”
I stepped back away from the man. “I think I have come to the wrong place.” While fear gripped me a strange pull was drawing me towards the man.
“Come Nickolia, I am a friend.” He hiss again. I stepped one step forward, I felt a pang run threw my heart. What was I doing! My courage rallied. I stepped back again.
“No!” I yelled, “I will not enter!” I was surprised at the tone of my voice.
The man had been holding his cloak closed let go of the corners. Beneath it was the glitter handle of a blade. There was a skull with two ruby eyes in the top of the hilt.
“Oh my God! Don’t leave me to fight alone!” I prayed silently. I reached into my satchel and pulled my weapon from it, a book. I flipped threw it until I reached my desired place. I began to read,
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. You are no friend! I yelled again. I felt strength leaving me.”
The man shrieked with rage, and drew his sword, raising it above his head. I stiffened preparing for a blow, but it never came.
“Get thee behind me Satan!” Shouted an illustrious voice. I whirled around my heart surging with hope. Before me was a blurry figure in heavy cloak. The person shone so brightly that the cloak was useless, the light was nearly blinding. A tingling warmth flooded my veins and rushed around me. I was so engrossed I did not notice the darkness around us. This was my Master, the One I had been serving for all these years. He rarely revealed Himself , and when he did His person was blurry. I had read in the book I held that upon my death, the end of my service I would see Him clearly like never before. The voice boomed again.
“You shall have no dominion of my child!” I shuddered with delight at the words “my child”. I noticed the darkness that had overcome the forest was beginning to shrink. “Her seed; it shall bruise thy head” I quivered at the pronunciation of the Evil ones doom. Again the man shrieked but as I looked the man was no longer human, but a hovering figure draped in a black cloak. The black figure was so horrible I nearly cried out with despair. And suddenly he was gone. I fell to me knees breaking into tears.
“My Child, my child,” I heard the powerful voice say. “Do not weep! For lo you have been victorious.” I looked up, love flooded my heart.
“Thank you for saving me, my Lord, my Savior”
La Fin

Comments

Popular Posts